From PDF to printed book – a quick guide
Whether it is a diary or journal, a thesis, a yearbook or that epic novel you have been working on for years, getting your book actually into print can seem a daunting prospect. There is, however, a relatively easy way to get your work onto the printed page – an online book printing service.
Online book printing companies will transform your PDF documents into a beautiful, handmade paperback or hardback book that would grace any bookshelf!
You can print a single copy or a full ‘run’ of hundreds or thousands of copies of your work – and get help with the cover design and customise your book with different colour options and text styles.
The process of turning your PDF into a printed book
It is a relatively simple process to get your custom book printing underway – firstly, go online and sign-in to your chosen book printing service provider – then:
- Select a product – Select whether you want your book to be printed as a paperback or hardback book.
- Choose the size of the book you require – A4 or A5 – and the format in which you want it produced – portrait or landscape.
- Select your preferred paper options – black and white or full colour and whether you want the book produced in single-sided or double-sided pages.
- Select the number of copies you want printed – from a single copy to a handful for friends, right up to a full run to stock the shelves of bookshops across the country!
- Decide on your book cover – if you have already designed a cover then you can upload your artwork accordingly. If you want to avail yourself of the offered book cover design service, then you can access it and design a complete cover from scratch – alternatively, you may use the first and last pages of your document as the front and back covers or simply opt for blank covers. Having created your cover design, select the finish you would like – matte or gloss laminated.
- Upload your PDF file – When creating your PDF file, and before submitting it to print, it is worth considering the following – ensure the file is the correct dimensions, make black text 100% black ink only, print images and artwork to the edge of the bleed to allow for trim and ensure all the text and images are placed within the safe text boundary to prevent content loss.
- Configure your book binding options – there are a many different binding options to consider. Depending on the type of book you want printing you may choose from paperback or hardback book binding, spiral or wire and ring binding or, alternatively, saddle stitched binding.
Having made your appropriate selections – and assuming you have named your book – all you need to do is sit back and wait for your book to be printed. Custom book printing is the best way to give your hard work the finish it deserves and have it professionally printed and bound.
We are an all round UK book manufacturing and printing service. We work closely with publishers, self publishers and authors. We have a state of the art factory, complemented by our sales and marketing office in Westoning, Bedfordshire. We have invested in the very latest digital and litho printing technology, to integrate with a fully equipped craftsman bindery. The conclusion of which means we are offering both softback and hardback books, to a very high standard of quality.
Order your book printing online or contact our team for more information.